To proactively provide expert and intelligent PR and digital expertise to a portfolio of client accounts confidentially using your strong media and communication knowledge and skills. Executing the strategies and activities as outlined by the Account Director to achieve excellent results for clients. In addition to managing on going campaigns and being the day to day contact for a portfolio of accounts you will be responsible for developing new contacts within the client business and driving incremental business.
Required Skills & Experience
PR Experience 100%
About the company
CubanEight is an integrated communications agency. Based in Oxfordshire, with offices in London, we create and execute award winning PR campaigns for market leading and fast growing B2B and technology brands.
• Manage the day to day running of accounts, including delivery within budget and hours.
• Execute and manage the full range of account work, incorporating traditional PR and digital communications; ensuring that allocated tasks and projects are completed on time
,• Responsible for client servicing, planning and building long term relationships with clients.
• To both deliver and manage other staff members’ delivery account work on time and in budget, addressing barriers or issues in a positive manner.
• To act on some accounts as the key client contact and on others as a secondary client contact, building lasting relationships for Cuban Eight.
• To maintain the best levels of client service.
• To provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their PR and digital communications campaigns.
• Support the Account Director/Director or MD in planning the efficient and profitable operation of your Accounts.
• To keep the Account Director/Director or MD informed of all key occurrences’ on accounts.
• Problem shoot where necessary to achieve excellent results for clients.
• Ensure that clients receive value for money, and that their business as well as PR objectives drives all campaign work.
• To research and draft accurate and engaging copy for clients for use across multiple channels (e.g. case studies, opinion articles, press releases, whitepapers, blogs, social posts etc.)
• Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that only require exceptional amends from seniors and clients.
• Ability to draft feature copy for trade, corporate and business publications for client that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment.
• Quality control – amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives.
• Writing creative new business proposals with direction from account director, and drafting evaluation reports, speeches and presentations as required.
• Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists etc.
• Understanding and hands-on knowledge of digital channels, including managing social media accounts, posting on blogs and websites and creating newsletters.
• Driving the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity with your account director. • Managing social media channels, including content posting and optimisation and community management • Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc. • Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media/ channel horizons of the client.
• Understand and advise on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A’s, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitations.
• Negotiate major media promotions and advertorials.
- Presenting – Ability to prepare proposals and presentations; and play an active role in pitching to clients.
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research and write high-level and accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blogs, social posts etc.; excellent attention to detail
- Client handling – Ability to manage client relationships effectively, in-person, on the phone and via email
- Creativity – Contributes effectively to idea development, brainstorms.
- £30,000- £34,000 depending on experience
- 2 days flexi days on top of normal annual leave
- Wellbeing allowance
- Early finish Fridays
- 2 team away days in a year.
- Training programme to encourage growth and development