Our client is looking for a Calibration Technician who will maintain, test and repair a variety of instruments and equipment. Their primary role will be to ensure that instruments, gauges and testing devices are calibrated correctly and give accurately readings.
Required Skills & Experience
Strong Communication Skills 95%
Diligent & Methodical 90%
Engineering Background 85%
Attention to detail 80%
About the company
For over 50 years our client has worked within the Commercial Aerospace sector and Defence Industry, building an enviable reputation in their field, and working alongside some of the world’s most high-profile aerospace companies. Their mission is to be at the centre of Engineering Excellence by continually producing engineering solutions.
Role and Requirements
As the Calibration Technician you will:
- Calibrate gauges and record results, keeping new gauge calibration dates updated.
- Book in and out measuring equipment and recording the usage history.
- Use in house system to filter gauges required.
- Recall gauges for calibration whilst liaising with relevant production managers and team leaders.
- Activate quarantined and/or red taped gauges.
- Book gauges out to suppliers and recalling them back again.
- Calibrate micrometres, callipers, DTi’s, thread and plain pug gauges.
- Locate and correctly fill out calibration certificates.
- Perform basic repair work, or where repairs cannot be made, order new or replacement gauges.
- Create Purchase Orders for supplier calibration visits.
- Read and understand the calibration certificates.
- Check gauges have been received without damage to the gauge.
- Scan certificates and delivery notes, recording and storing them correctly.
- Full Driving licence
- Engineering background knowledge of ISO9001 & ISO17025.
Our client understands that is it the people that create a great company and engaging working environment. Therefore, their new team member will be driven, diligent and methodical with their work. They will possess good standards of written and verbal communication, with an engaging personality and the ability to juggle high workloads and a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will have strong attention to detail and the ability to work within a team and take initiative when needed.
If you have the desire to succeed alongside our client’s goals, they will assure to offer you a fun and professional working environment with career progression opportunities, alongside 25 days holiday and company pension scheme.