Our Cheltenham based client is offering an excellent opportunity for an Operations Administrator to join their friendly and hard-working team. This position offers an ambitious and eager individual the chance to directly support the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the internal aspects of the business.
Required Skills & Experience
Customer Service Experience 95%
Friendly & Approachable 90%
Attention to detail 90%
About the company
They are a welcoming and inclusive family-run business that take pride in high service delivery for all their customers. They are a leading web-based distributor of interior building supplies, offering a range of suspended ceiling, insulation, partitioning and lighting products, from all the leading manufacturers.
They have a high standard of workmanship and job satisfaction is very important for both employees and the owners guaranteeing to create a work environment that is enjoyable and profitable to all.
Role and Requirements
As the Operations Administrator you will:
• Liaise with suppliers to order materials and arrange deliveries;
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure delivery timescales are met;
• Process orders over the phone, as well as via the E-Commerce site;
• Respond to interest from eBay and filter incoming calls;
• Raise invoices, credits and process customer refunds;
• Check supplier confirmations against purchase orders;
• Book courier collections and monitor service levels;
• Carry out general administrative duties including filing sales invoices, restocking stationery, printing/collating documents etc.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager; providing valuable input and assistance for ongoing project improvement.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent attention to detail and be efficient, reliable and motivated as they will be working alongside a busy sales and administration team.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and suppliers and uphold a flexible approach to your role.
Ideally you will be a graduate with a relevant degree or higher education qualification and/or must be familiar with working in a busy, “quick response” environment with the assurance of being a reliable and assertive member of our busy operational team.
You must have a good level of computer and IT literacy, including Word, Excel, Databases and (preferably) E-Commerce platforms. An excellent telephone manner in order to handle and distribute incoming calls effectively is a must.
Construction distribution industry experience is preferred but not essential.
Our client understand that it is the people that create a great company and fantastic working environment. As such, our new team member will be zealous, passionate and friendly with an over-riding sense of professionalism.
If you have the desire to succeed alongside our client’s goals, they will assure to offer you a fun and professional working environment with career progression opportunities and responsibility.