We are excited to be working with our client to find a dedicated and highly professional Business Development Manager to support our existing 4,000 strong customer base and to develop new Security Sales for the long term. The successful candidate will be making sure that our existing customers are well looked after, well communicated with whilst looking for opportunities to develop their security spend and increasing the revenue from their account.
Security Systems Business Development Manager
Required Skills & Experience
Business Development Experience 100%
Friendly & Approachable 90%
Security Systems Experience 95%
Excellent Communication Skills 90%
About the company
Our client, is a fire and security business based in Cheltenham, covering the South West, Midlands, South and London region of the UK. The company has been at the forefront of firefighting products and fire detection systems for over 50 years and continues to grow. The company is a technical partner with Siemens Building Technologies for a range of industry leading world class products in both fire and security.
With ambitious plans to develop and grow the Security business further, an exciting new role has now been created within the company to support the company wide development strategy.
Role and Requirements
Working as part of a small but dedicated sales and account team who are passionate about customer service, we work very hard to ensure that our customers trust our judgement and listen to our industry expertise. As a result, we are looking for a Business Development Manager focussed on long term development of the account rather than a quick win, hard selling, short term approach to sales. You’ll be a great communicator; a confident self-starter and you’ll be motivated to organise your own diary and your own tasks each day.
You’ll understand our company values and you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our customers understand the products and services we offer – and you’ll use those opportunities to communicate with clients to find new Security sales opportunities for the company in order to grow that account in alignment with our product and service offering.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To enhance the existing 4,000 strong client base by developing each account through regular contact, marketing and face to face meetings to find new product or service opportunities.
- To prospect for new Security customers through personal contact, attending networking events, cold calling, marketing, referrals and finding and responding to tender opportunities.
- To attend sales appointments with a view to selling all the Company’s Security products and services.
- To achieve monthly activity and target objectives.
- To develop successful regional sales opportunities and to turn these into new accounts.
- To represent the Company in a highly professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Be continually aware of the changes in legislation & product development.
Do you have….
- A proven (ability/track record) in a structured target and activity driven sales and customer service focused environment.
- Good technical knowledge and experience of the Security Intruder, Access and CCTV industry is a requirement.
- A relevant degree or higher education qualification or the equivalent.
- A structured approach to organising your diary and your processes.
- Excellent all-round communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook and Office
- Fit within our company culture of “people buy from people – not through hard sell”.
- Be innovative in looking for opportunities to upsell whilst ensuring the customer is happy.
If so we want to hear from you!