We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and tenacious Senior Account Director who can wow clients and deliver excellent client service.
Required Skills & Experience
Agency experience within a B2B environment100%
About the company
Our client is a fast-paced and award winning communications agency, delivering exciting creative work for a global client base, with a focus on B2B audiences and a passion for technology. They deliver PR-driven multi-channel campaigns, spanning national, trade and broadcast media relations, and digital communications channels.
As a business, they are now 11 years old and are continuing to go from strength to strength – meaning there’s genuine potential for all team members to grow and develop.
As an agency, they have a core team with a remote-based structure – meaning that the team is based from home but there are monthly team update days when they come together to update each other on client activity. It is also an opportunity for them to spend time together as a team, reviewing team successes and planning for the future. The location of these days is Bicester, Oxfordshire.
To provide strategic intelligent PR expertise to clients leading to maintaining and developing successful long-term client relationships. Develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the client’s programme and the relationship with the agency. To mentor and develop team members. To support and proactively contribute to the business development of the agency. To become a trusted senior member of the team, involved in all aspects of the business.
This hire will be the most senior role in the core team, reporting to the founder of the company. They are now working as a smaller core team, supported by experienced consultants.
- Agency experience within a B2B environment essential – technology sector is strong preference
- Proven abilities to take strategic lead on a portfolio of client accounts – leading on client service and reporting to MD
- Managing/leading teams with a hands-on, can do attitude – experience of line management
- Media relations strategy expertise based on knowledge, experience, and relationships – across national, trade and broadcast media
- Excellent writing skills across multiple traditional and digital channels
- Ability to build credibility and trust with clients
- Strength in digital communications platforms, especially use of social media platforms and understanding of social media management tools, SEO, Google Analytics etc
- Adept and demonstrating ROI of activity to report tangible results for clients
- Has been part of a senior management team in previous agency roles.
Qualities we are looking for are:
- Agility & proactivity: excellent prioritisation skills and agency operator, when it comes to client service, team management, capacity planning
- Responsive, flexible and adaptable – Willing and able to take a lead to ensure team succeeds in fast-paced agency environment; able to effectively work across multiple projects and activities
- Adaptability and able to run with the pace of a smaller agency
- Accountability for client portfolio and opportunities for growth
- Commercial awareness – for running of accounts, business performance of the agency, working on opportunities for growth with existing clients and supporting on new business
- Understanding of what good looks like and confidence to uphold that and guide team in achieving that
- Maintaining client service – quality control across client portfolio and willingness to share best practice with the team.
- Line management experience & mentoring/coaching of the teams.
- Positive – has a positive attitude and looks for solutions to problems or issues, self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Persistence – does not give up gets problems solved completes tasks, ties up loose ends
- Team Player
- Confidence and enthusiasm – projects this in all work that is conducted with clients, team members, prospects and stakeholders
- Responsible – Demonstrates to more junior team members how jobs should be conducted and is a shining example to employees.
If this is something you are interested in applying for please click below and complete our online application.