2nd Line Support Engineer
2nd Line Support Engineer
Remote but must be able to commute to Cheltenham for client visits, training days, team meetings etc.
Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT Support role?
Do you want to join a company that offers you progression and the opportunity to upskill?
HR Star are proud to recruit for an exceptional client of ours who provide IT support, managed services, cloud solutions, cyber security, disaster recovery and consultancy services nationally with regional bases in Bath, Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Swindon and London.
We are looking for a driven IT professional who has a track record in IT support and driving tasks across the finish line using industry best practices. You will be technically minded, pragmatic, comfortable liaising with customers at all levels as well as having a passion to better your skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support existing customers, working with customers of all levels of the organisation including senior executives across a variety of clients with headcounts from 1, to 250+.
- End to end Ticket management of predominantly telephone-based queries, including action and escalation.
- Maintain high service levels, including managing expectations, communicating lead times and keeping customers updated on the progress of queries you are actioning and that you have escalate.
- Service desk systems and process onboarding for all new customers.
- Active Directory administration.
- Provision of coaching, training and advice to system users.
- Incident management including monitoring, taking action, escalation where necessary, following up on progress and providing updates both internally and to impacted customers.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of two years of experience working within a 1st line support IT helpdesk role.
- Ticket system management experience.
- Excellent relationship builder with a friendly approach who is driven to deliver, autonomous and self-directed.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, customer orientation and customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN.
- Active directory administration experience.
- Full, clean driving licence.
In return, we will offer:
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Fun team environment
- Remote working
- Ongoing training and career development
Is this the role for you?
If you think you are the perfect fit for this position, or you would like to enquire further about a full Job Description, please submit your CV.