Head of Investment Proposition
Head of Investment Proposition
HR Star are proud to recruit a Head of Investment Proposition for an exceptional client of ours who offer Financial Advisers, Private Banks and Trust Companies the opportunity to efficiently and effectively manage their client investments online.
As Head of Investment Proposition, you will be responsible for shaping the global investment proposition ensuring it is fit for purpose including managing fund management and Discretionary management relationships. You will be a key member and secretary of the investment committee ensuring strong governance and adherence to the investment principles.
You will be the face of the company when it comes to investments, presenting at seminars, hosting webinars and writing articles – ensuring the business has the best possible reputation in the market. You will actively influence the strategic direction of the investment proposition by engaging with advisers, using market intelligence and competitor analysis.
- Strategic delivery of investment propositions – facilitating the team’s focus on innovation, and designing, delivering and developing market leading propositions
- Presenting and externally facing into clients and third parties with investment distribution consultation
- Partnering with key third parties (DFM or Fund Manager) on solution design
- Lead the development of initiatives to drive growth in existing propositions and new commercial frameworks
- Develop new propositions using market insight and competitor analysis
- Negotiate and contract with new Fund and DFM arrangements
- Ensure existing propositions deliver good customer outcomes and function as expected
- A member and secretary of the Investment Committee ensuring strong governance to requirements including those of the board, trustees and other relevant committees
- Manage existing Fund Manager and DFM relationships ensuring all parties deliver to the terms of contractual agreements
- Management of the relationship with our fund data and investment tool provider
- Work closely with the investment administration function to ensure the investment proposition is delivered to clients and advisers in an efficient and effective manner
You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Financial Services background and experience in dealing with UK platforms
- Proven track record of success and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, results oriented with an ability to demonstrate high levels of tactical, analytical and flexible thinking.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to understand and contribute to business strategy and planning
- Operationally and Client service/relationship focused.
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Investment Management certificate or similar
- Similar role held in a Wrap Platform business
- Strong investment knowledge
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role ideally gained in a high-growth organization.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results oriented.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Hybrid working
- A company who values and invests in their employee well-being
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Supported and encouraged professional growth and development
- Regular social events
- Flexible dress code
- Private Medical Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Contributory Pension Scheme
- Technology and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Internal Mentoring Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs
- Various corporate gym membership rates
A full job description can be provided on request.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing investment businesses in the international market, please click below and complete our online application.