Bath (Hybrid Working)
We are looking for an ambitious Operations Director to join our clients expanding Financial Services software business. This position forms part of the Executive team and will be responsible for setting direction and delivering business critical outcomes. The Operations Director will also be responsible for delivering excellent customer service, running a dealing desk, supporting client asset and money compliance, and contributing to the growth and success of this already thriving business.
Our client offers a platform service to Financial Advisers, Private Banks, and Trust Companies to securely manage their portfolio of investments online. The company has been recognized as one of the most innovative and fastest growing investment businesses in the global market.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Lead and organise the Operations team, including Operations and Customer Services, (and third-party dependencies); continually monitoring and delivering the required performance
- Keep developing a joint collaborative Operations/Sales operating model that treats customers fairly and meets client’s needs through supporting their adviser
- Continually improve operational services in line with the requirements of the market and the business’ demands for effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and hold performance appraisals.
- Develop operational talent, while promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Support the CFO in meeting all CASS obligations through dealing desk delivery and the day-to-day management and periodic sign off of all processes relating to client money and assets whether daily, weekly or monthly.
- Own and develop all operational policies and procedures; with responsibility for first line operational controls and related risk management
- Lead operational planning and budgeting processes, managing to the agreed outcomes
- Agree operational developments with the senior management team and work with the business team to champion change and deliver system enhancements safely
What we need you to bring to the role:
- Financial Services background and experience in dealing with UK platforms preferred.
- Proven track record of success and development within a growing organisation in both operations and customer services.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, results oriented with an ability to demonstrate high levels of tactical, analytical and flexible thinking.
- Core knowledge of CASS rules, specifically 6, 7 and 10 but also those relevant to the business.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally gained in a high-growth organisation (desired).
- Hybrid working opportunity
- A company who values and invests in their employee well-being
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Supported and encouraged professional growth and development
- Regular social events
- Flexible dress code
- Private Medical Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Contributory Pension Scheme
- Technology and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Internal Mentoring Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs
- Various corporate gym membership rates
A full job description can be provided on request.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing investment businesses in the international market, please click below and complete our online application.